Most Expensive Home

The world’s most expensive home is located in India. The owner, Mukesh Ambani, India’s richest man and the world’s fourth richest man. The building, seven years in the making, has 400,000 square feet split up into 27 floors! Having the building being as tall as it is, Ambani, and his family of six, have views of the ocean as well as the slums. The near billion dollar home has a 168-space lot, three helipads, a swimming pool, yoga studio, mini-theater, three balconies with terrace gardens, a health club and spectacular views of the Arabian Sea.

Although having a house that spectacular, I wonder why he wouldn’t have used the money for anything else. Such as maybe his kid’s education and college tuition. Maybe he could have used the money to build and improve on the slums that he has a view of from is 27 story house. I think the people there, who are less fortunate, would’ve been more appreciative and could use better living conditions.

What do you all think?

4 comments ↓

• #   myawsomeusername1 on 11.19.10 at 12:21 pm     

I think this shows that rich people just don’t what to spend their money on. I understand having a nice home is a priority for many people but why spend so much on a home that your probably wont spend much time in. I think that he could do a lot of different things with his money and can’t he buy a really nice home for a couple of millions?

• #   samantha on 11.19.10 at 2:11 pm     

I’m sure this man MUST be very, very wealthy. I’m sure that he still has money left over for his children, but it is really disappointing that he didn’t spend more of the money towards people in India that don’t even have enough money for a home. He could send money to orphanages in India. But, maybe he has plans for this in the future…

• #   gilbird on 12.02.10 at 7:35 pm     

That’s ridiculous! Twenty-seven floors?! I have to agree with myawesomeusername1. He should’ve used the money for something a little more important than a house with 27 floors.

• #   khaledkhalifa on 12.02.10 at 8:39 pm     

I totally agree with you. It is ridiculous spending all that money on a home. Since he lives in India then that means that he knows how much Indians suffer from poverty. i believe that there are plenty of more important things to spend on than a house . I really wonder why rich people but too big houses at the end they will sit on one chair and sleep in one bedroom no matter how man bedrooms they have. i hope he can realize that we are not living alone in the world , there are other people who cannot afford to buy something to eat not a house.